Copiah Jefferson Regional Library System
Description: Copiah Jefferson Regional Library System Administrative Board of Trustees seeks a creative and innovative Library Director who can continue to grow a vibrant public library system. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic, innovative, and very public service oriented with excellent traditional library skills, as well as, the ability to effectively use technology.
The Public Library System consists of five (5) branch libraries; a collection of 86,000 items; a shared integrated library system (ILS); and a service area population of approximately 28,000.
Responsibilities: • Report to five-member Administrative Library Board of Trustees • Supervise 10 full and part-time employees• Oversee materials collection, automated library system, and public access computers • Perform public service functions in branches • Manage annual budget • Build positive relationships with officials in cities & counties • Oversee building repair/ maintenance • Use state Accreditation Program benchmarks to guide long-range planning and service delivery efforts • Establish/maintain relationships with local community groups • Implement technological innovations and other 21st Century library services to meet changing needs of residents • Develop and deliver library programming throughout System. Attend MLC training sessions.
· Masters degree in Library Science (MLS) from American Library Association (ALA)-accredited library school
· Bachelors degree and agree to acquire MLS from ALA-accredited library school within three (3) years
· Strong interpersonal skills. Self-motivated. Creative. Strong oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Experience in maintenance of websites/blogs/ social network. Dependable personal transportation.
· Frequent travel to branch libraries and community activities throughout System. Travel to library-related continuing education programs and conferences.
· Preferred: At least two (2) years of progressively responsible library experience and supervisory background.
Salary: Range - $27,000 to 30,000.
Benefits: Personal/medical leave, health & life insurance, and participation in Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System.
Submit: Cover letter, resume, and statement of public library service philosophy to Director Search, Copiah Jefferson Regional Library System; 223 S Extension St. Hazlehurst, MS 39083; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE for receipt of applications: September 9, 2022
Copiah Jefferson Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Post a Comment