Rental assistance clinic to be held Sept. 22-23
County residents who rent property and are facing eviction due to lack of funds may be eligible for assistance in paying their rent.
A rental assistance clinic will be held 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 22 and Thursday, Sept. 23 at Copiah County Extension Services, 2040 West Gallman Road, Gallman. Those in need should attend to apply for assistance.
Tenants must bring the following:
1. Documentation supporting household income (copy of determination/benefit letters from TANF, WIC, SSI, SNAP, Medicaid, or Head Start; or copy of 2020 IRS tax return form 1040; or income documentation for the past 60 days for each household member over 18 years old, such as pay stubs or bank statements.
2. Current lease/rental agreement.
3. Past due rent, utility, or eviction notice (if applicable)
4. Proof of identity (state driver’s license, state identification card, or passport)
5. Unemployment documents (if applicable)
6. Most recent utility bill
7. Landlord contact information (email address, phone number, etc.)
The clinic is sponsored by Children’s Defense Fund Southern Regional, Southern Rural Black Womens Initiative for Economic and Social Justice, and the Mississippi Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.
For more information, call 601-201-5235.
The Copiah Monitor
September 16, 2021